Risk and Governance Associate
Apply Now Location: Singapore
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Legal, Risk & Governance
Applications Close: 07.10.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Singapore based
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Legal, Risk and Governance Team as a Risk and Governance Associate reporting to the Senior Risk and Governance Specialist, Asia Pacific.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Singapore.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Risk & Governance Specialist, providing compliance advice to the business throughout Asia Pacific, in areas including Privacy, Economic and Trade Sanctions, new prudential requirements and the like.
- Assisting with the ongoing implementation of LIU’s risk management program through facilitation of risk identification and assessment and monitoring / auditing of internal control environment.
- Testing the effectiveness of key business controls through inquiry, examination, re-performance and observation. Validating results with the business process owners and management, highlighting deficiencies or identified gaps.
- Documenting the test results and developing conclusions based upon control design and operating effectiveness.
- Promote a risk aware culture through assisting in the development of written, internet, intranet and other communication strategies for risk and compliance issues and actively engaging with LIU staff.
About you - you will have:
- Previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry. 2-3 years’ experience is desirable.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance or Business Degree (or equivalent) is essential.
- Thorough understanding of risk management, relevant legislation, audit and governance principles via study or previous work experience.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as required.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE