Underwriting Assistant, Energy Property Construction
Apply Now Location: Singapore
Job Type: Permanent
Job Area: Energy Property Construction
Applications Close: 15.09.2017
- Global company
- Competitive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Teamwork culture
- Singapore based
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Strategy & Change Team as an Underwriting Assistant reporting to the Business Operations Manager – First Party.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible and is based in Singapore.
About the role – you will be responsible for:
- Responding to telephone inquiries or dealing with general enquiries.
- Logging and clearing submissions in a timely manner.
- Data Entry into GENIUS underwriting system.
- Ensuring accurate premium booking.
- Ensuring internal & external correspondence is completed both accurately and in a timely manner.
- Underwriting file creation and maintenance; updating and maintaining underwriting registers.
- Periodic archiving of files as per archive procedure.
- General filing and file retrieval.
- Ensuring policy/endorsement issuance is completed accurately and according to timelines.
- Assisting in ensuring premium payments are received and discrepancies investigated in a timely manner by referring to Debtors report from Finance department.
- Generating system based management reports if required.
- Following up brokers on outstanding matters such as closings, underlying policy wordings, declaration forms, etc.
- Assisting in organising company events where required.
- Maintaining a highly effective and responsive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritising work commitments ensuring daily workflows are managed effectively.
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members and providing development, support and assistance as required.
About you - you will have:
- Previous relevant experience in the Insurance industry desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word,
- Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable.
- Advanced level of customer focus.
- Advanced attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Advanced prioritisation and time management skills.
- Moderate relationship building skills.
- Advanced continuous improvement skills.
- Advanced process management skills.
- High ability to manage through IT systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong ability to drive for results and focus on outcomes.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team, and want to be a part of LIU’s exciting future, please apply now – we would love to hear from you.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE